June 5, 2009

Kasa (An umbrella)



















I don't like to go outside on rainy days.

I'd rather stay at home, sit on the couch or bed and read a book or flip through a magazine with my blanket and drink a cup of hot chocolate or Lemon herb tea with honey in it.

I found the black umbrella in this pic (This is one of my favorite pictures my husband Spencer took) at UNIQLO; a Japanese clothing store in NY. It was petite, simple, and perfect looking, so I bought it. And I love it!

Since then, I am always on the hunt for cute umbrellas. Yes, I need more umbrellas. Why? It makes a cute prop in photo shoots, and it has been raining everyday in D.C. these days. I need some incentive to get out and go to work everyday. It seems like there is more of a selection in Japan than here...it was not easy to find cute umbrellas.

Then I came across with this website today.

This one is called Haley.








This one, Mia.








And this one is called Girl Next Door, but I think they should call it Abby.








And I want to call this Hazel instead of I luv Gingham.








Thoughts of my sweet nieces make me smile on rainy days.

Happy Rainy Day!

8 comments:

  1. a perfect initial post. happy browing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new blog! I will be checking regularly to make sure that I am on the cutting edge of cute. I love the adorable umbrellas and I have to say, loving their names as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love LOVE it! And love you. Could you be any cuter? And your cuteness is now shared with all--thank you. I too have found myself looking for an adorable unbrella that maybe no one else would have...too bad it NEVER rains here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is a happy day indeed! I love having a place where I can go find my favorite people when I lonely for them. And I'm always excited when someone finds something cute...I hope you post often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you are blogging! And especially about fashion because if anyone needs help in that area it is ME. Now an umbrella is an interesting accessory, don't you think? There aren't many accessories that are purposefully so functional. Who knew there were so many cute umbrellas out there? But you know what is so weird? Even though it rains A LOT in Portland, hardly anyone uses umbrellas. Everyone wears a water-proof jacket with a hood in the winter while it rains non-stop. But rarely an umbrella can be seen. Why is that do you suppose? Maybe because they haven't seen these cute umbrellas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh hooray! I'm so glad you have joined the blogging world. I will check back often. Between you and Carrie, you can keep us all up to date on the latest greatest trends. Love the umbrellas. I think I have about 5 of them...polka dots, duckhead handle, mini stiped...yeah, they're fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone for your comments and love! I will try to update often and see how long I can keep it up.

    Suzie- I did wonder the same thing when I lived in provo. Maybe someone needs to open a cute umbrella shop in Utah and Oregon! The umbrella store I linked is located in Seattle. I wonder if a lot of people use umbrellas often there.

    Mo- 5 cute umbrellas!? You are on top of the things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need more fashion advice, please! For instance... What length should my shorts/capris be this season?

    ReplyDelete